Classes Begin January 23rd!
Natural Childbirth Class Series
*DePaul Midwifery Center Approved*
Amelia offers natural childbirth classes on the Peninsula, in collaboration with Liz Pelletier. Classes are appropriate for those planning hospital or homebirth, and are DePaul Midwifery Center approved. Currently, we meet Sundays from 6:00 to 9:00 pm at Restored Life Wellness Center, in Yorktown, VA.
Our next series begins January 23rd! The dates for this six class series are: Jan 23, 30, Feb 6, 13, 20, 27.
The cost for the series in $225. To sign up for classes, a non-refundable $50 deposit will be required to hold your place. Class size is limited. Balance will be due on the first day of class, or you may opt to pay the balance ahead of time.
- How to have a wonderful birth and breastfeeding experience!
- Learn all about the choices you have in your childbirth and make a Birth Plan for your perfect day.
- Learn the birth process and gain confidence in your body’s ability to give birth. Learn what to expect through each stage of your pregnancy and childbirth.
- Share stories, ideas, and discuss any fears about labor and birth with the Instructor and other couples in the class that are on the same journey as you.
- Learn with your partner about the partner’s role and how they will support you on the big day. Couples can work together and grow closer thorough childbirth education.
- Learn and practice the skills to find comfort and relax mentally, physically, and emotionally both before, during, and after your birth.
- Learn about prenatal wellness and having a healthy pregnancy through good nutrition, exercise, and a healthy lifestyle.
- Learn about postpartum expectations including recovery, newborn, and breastfeeding basics.
- Learn how and why breastfeeding is the best choice for you and your baby. Prepare for breastfeeding challenges and learn about support systems to help you and your baby succeed.
- Learn how a professionally trained doula can improve your birth experience.
Amelia Avila, CDC(DONA), CCCE
Amelia is certified as a birth doula through Doulas of North America (DONA) and Mercy in Action, and as a certified as a childbirth educator through CAPPA. She is rebozo certified with the Gena Kirby Method. Additionally, she has taken over eighty hours of breastfeeding education courses, and is passionate about helping women have a successful breastfeeding experience. As an experienced mother to eight beautiful breastfed people, Amelia relies not only on her education, but on her many years of experience in mothering.
“It is my passion and privilege to help women and their partners be as prepared as possible to welcome their new little ones and become parents.” ~Amelia
Elizabeth Pelletier, PCD
Liz was trained in 2015 as a Birth doula. She has since furthered her education through various courses such as the rebozo, comfort measures, spinning babies and additional doula workshops. She has served families all over Hampton Roads, attending both hospital and home births.
“You may be seeking an un-medicated birth, a birth with an epidural, or a cesarean birth. Regardless of your choices, you deserve to feel empowered and supported! My mission is to help my clients feel amazing about their birth, no matter how they choose to do so! I am constantly furthering my education through various training’s and books to ensure my clients are getting the best service!” ~Liz